#5414 Self-Etching Primer and #5415 Etching Filler Reducer is a Chromate Free
Metal Etching Filler that is ideal for spot/panel repairs where bare metal is
present. It increases both adhesion and corrosion protection on bare substrates.
It fills minor surface imperfections and may be topcoated directly for quick and
Steel, Fiberglass, Galvanized Steel, Cured Body Filler, Aluminum, OEM Enamel,
V.O.C 5.83 lbs/gal
Volume Solids 11% (Mixed)
Film build full wet coats 1mil
Flash Point 48º F
Pot Life 24 Hours
Theoretical Coverage 176 sq. ft.
Self-Etching Primer #5414-1 #5414-4
Etching Filler Reducer #5415-1 #5415-4
Mixing - National Rule:
1 part D.T.M. Etching Filler to 1 part D.T.M. Etching Filler Reducer
Mixing - West Coast S.C.A.Q.M.D.:
1 part D.T.M. Etching Filler to 1 part D.T.M. Etching Filler Reducer to 2 Parts
5 Star #5705 Medium Acrylic Lacquer Thinner.
1. Solvent clean surface with 5 Star #5900 or #5905 wax and grease remover
2. Grind repair area to remove paint and all rust as needed
3. Apply body filler, if required
4. Sand all areas to be refinished and featheredge all broken film areas with
5. Use 36" masking paper to prevent overspray problems
Spray at 5-9 PSI at the cap for HVLP or 30-35 PSI for conventional guns. Apply
2-3 medium wet coats allowing 2-3 minutes flash time between coats.
Recoat in 30 minutes, Sand in 60 minutes, After 24 hours must be lightly scuffed
before topcoating. Final dry film thickness should be a minimum of 1.0 mil.